Tuesday, April 20, 2010












Trey had to go to Tombstone a couple of weeks ago so he dropped T and I off at Jac's in Thatcher. T loves his cousin Mack and especially loves Mack's Toys. Neither he nor Mack have learned how to share very well but they have fun together nonetheless. They both enjoy dancing, going to the ranch, and anything that involves outside. They are a handful, but luckily for Jac and I they keep each other entertained fairly well.
T can say his ms well and has incessantly said mom since about nine months old, however, he doesn't say his ms on other words. Because of this, T calls Mack, Nack and says that the kitty says neow. It is cute but a little bit odd/funny.
While we were in Thatcher, Brooklyn had a track meet (actually in Safford). I can't say that I love tack meets, but I do enjoy watching Brooklyn's events. She runs the 200, 400, 4x100, and jumps in the long jump. At this particular meet there were quite a few teams (I think 15-20), yet she placed 1st in the long jump and second in the 400. She also set a personal record in the long jump with a 16' 8.5" jump. (All of my siblings seem to be fast with the ability to jump, I am not sure what happened with me but I am quite sure it is not fair!) Needless to say, it was a good track meet and she is a great athlete.
More recently (this past Sunday to be exact), T and Trey were feeding the calves (we had three in the backyard) when I heard Trey swear and T cry. I ran downstairs to find that T had fallen/dove off the storage container onto the sidewalk. He had an immediate goose egg and a little scrape from the sidewalk. Trey gets mad whenever T gets hurt. At first I thought it was an odd reaction to the condition(s) but now I am realizing that is how he expresses himself when he is deeply concerned. T was soothed pretty easily with some kisses and a band aid.
As of tonight, the three calves that were in the backyard are gone, yeah!!! Trey and I were definitely sick of feeding them and they were wandering into the flower beds all too often (don't worry Trish they didn't ruin anything:) so we bought two milk cows. As soon as we got into town with the milk cows, we loaded the calves up and hauled them all to the potato farm. Our petting zoo is all but closed now and we couldn't be happier about it. If I can get rid of the poop everywhere chickens we will officially close shop! (I actually think we are getting more chicks as soon as they get in, so I guess I won't try too hard to get rid of our laying hens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment