Friday, July 30, 2010

Branding











Spring and summer are usually pretty busy times in the year for the cattle industry. I like these times because as a family we get to be involved a little more than usual with the work and in this particular case, the branding (not that I actually helped at all since I was/am pregnant). We usually invite family and friends to come and help depending on the number of calves that need branded and then eat lunch together after. Trey and Spence are always good to include their kids and wives as well as their siblings and their kids and even on occasion my little brother Gaige. I think we all enjoy being included no matter how useless we are or how much our kids get in the way. T definitely loves the animals and wants to be with his dad the entire time, which is not always easy for Trey. These are a few pictures I have from two different brandings. The second branding happened to be the windiest day of the spring even though the weekly forecast called for calm weather. Everyone was filthy, but those who actually did the work (as you can see on Trey) were literally covered with dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment